COVID-19 Protection Framework
From Friday 31 December 2021 under COVID-19 Protection Framework - Traffic Light System ORANGE, restrictions on Library services will ease, however a vaccine pass is required to enter Gisborne District Council facilities.
You must wear a face covering at all times while in the Library.
Scan/sign in when entering the library.
The number of visitors who can be in the library has increased to 150.
There is no longer a time limit for your stay.
Face to Face programmes will resume.
Meeting/Study rooms are available for booking.
Enter and exit via Bright Street entrance.
Things to note:
- Contactless library services are available to all members of the community. Our collections are available to search and view via www.gpl.govt.nz and titles can be reserved for contactless collection.
- Newspapers will be available in the Research area on level 1 (upstairs).
- No JP Services at this time, you may contact a JP directly via www.yellow.co.nz/gisborne-area/justices-of-the-peace
Entering the library:
- Face covering on.
- Have your Vaccine Pass ready.
- Scan in using the COVID Tracer App, or sign in manually with your library card.
Once you are in the library:
- Be kind.
- Use hand sanitiser.
- Keep your face covering on at all times.
- No food or drinks may be consumed in the library.
- Please do not leave children unattended.
- Select and issue books, DVDs, CDs and talking books.
- Pick a Grab a Bag chosen by a librarian (don’t forget to issue them at a kiosk).
- Pick up your reserved items.
- Sign up for membership. This process can be started at home via Library Membership
- Use one of the two available self-issue kiosks to issue books, located at both ends of the library.
- Return books at the Smart Shelf within the Library, or
- Use the return slot in the Bright Street car park which is available 24 hours.
- If you have any questions or would like to renew a book, please contact us and one of our librarians will be happy to help.
- You may Book a Librarian to help with library services, either in person at the library or virtually.
- Don’t forget our e-library for eBooks and eAudiobooks and other online resources.
- Keep in touch and up to date via Facebook and Instagram and our website.
A big thank you from our team to everyone for playing your part in keeping our community safe.